Zababakhin Scientific Talks is a highly recognized scientific forum on high-energy density physics (HEDP), where scientists share latest achievements, review results of research programs, and discuss directions of further study.
The Conference is named after Evgeny Ivanovich Zababakhin (1917–1984), a prominent scientist, member of the Academy of Sciences, whose research strongly influenced HEDP evolution in Russia. He served as a Scientific Director of RFNC–VNIITF for 25 years. At that period RFNC–VNIITF demonstrated outstanding achievements in several fields, including cumulation phenomena, that always stayed in focus of Zaba-bakhin’s keen interest. He summarized those studies in a monograph “Phenomena of unlimited cumulation”. Cumulation phenomena are still of great interest to the global research community and the Zababakhin Scientific Talks Conference provides a great platform for lively discussions of the matter.
Topics of the Conference cover the main areas of HEDP in seven sections:
1. Space protection of Earth, high-intensity processes and turbulence;
2. Explosion and detonation phenomena;
3. Dense plasma phenomena;
4. Properties of matter at high-intensity processes;
5. Scientific bases of nuclear power engineering and nuclear materials;
6. Numerical methods, algorithms, codes and accurate solutions;
7. Application of physico-mathematical technologies to solving basic medical problems.
The Conference addresses both traditional and new research directions. It covers the methods of reaching high energy density; problems of its application in modern physical facilities; high-intensity processes in laboratory experiments, technical applications, and natural phenomena, including astrophysical. The Conference also considers fundamental aspects of nuclear power, numerical simulation of individual processes and complex phenomena and application of promising technologies to basic medical problems, including simulation of dangerous infections propagation.
Georgy N. Rykovanov, Member of the Russian Academy of Sciences,
RFNC – VNIITF Scientific Director;
Organizing Committee members:Vyacheslav P. Soloviev,
Dr. Phys. & Math. Sci., RFNC – VNIIEF Scientific Director
Konstantin F. Grebyonkin,
Dr. Phys. & Math. Sci., Deputy RFNC – VNIITF Scientific Director
Vadim A. Simonenko,
Professor, Deputy RFNC – VNIITF Scientific Director;
Dmitry V. Petrov,
Dr. Phys. & Math. Sci., RFNC – VNIITF Chief Designer;
Sergei G. Andreev,
Cand. Tech. Sci., RFNC – VNIITF Chief Designer;
Boris K. Vodolaga,
Professor, Adviser to RFNC – VNIITF Scientific Director;
Alexei A. Bragin,
Cand. Phys. & Math. Sci., Head of RFNC – VNIITF Mathematics Division;
Alexander V. Bochkov,
Cand. Phys. & Math. Sci., RFNC – VNIITF Chief Designer for Laser Systems and Complexes;
Alexander V. Pavlenko,
Cand. Phys. & Math. Sci., Head of RFNC – VNIITF Experimental Physics Division;
Lada S. Talantova,
Head of Department for Informational Support and Communications;
Phone: 7 (351–46) 5–2490; E–mail: L.S.Talantova@vniitf.ru
Anna B. Nechaeva,
Lyudmila T. Emelyanova
Vadim A. Simonenko V.A.Simonenko@vniitf.ru
Vladimir N. Nogin V.N.Nogin@vniitf.ru
Alexander К. Muzyrya A.K.Muzyrya@vniitf.ru
Michael G. Anuchin MGAnuchin@vniitf.ru
Alexey L. Zherebtsov A.L.Zherebtsov@vniitf.ru
Evgeny B. Smirnov E.B.Smirnov@vniitf.ru
Igor V. Glazyrin I.V.Glazyrin@vniitf.ru
Peter А. Loboda P.A.Loboda@vniitf.ru
Alexander V. Petrovstev A.V.Petrovtsev@vniitf.ru
Vladislav I. Tarzhanov V.I.Tarzhanov@vniitf.ru
Dmitry V. Khmelnitsky D.V.Khmelnitsky@vniitf.ru
Vyacheslav P. Sokolov V.P.Sokolov@vniitf.ru
Alexander А. Shestakov AAShestakov@vniitf.ru
Jan V. Pronin J.V.Pronin@vniitf.ru
Sergey N. Lebedev S.N.Lebedev@vniitf.ru
Boris K. Vodolaga B.K.Vodolaga@vniitf.ru
Oleg V. Zatsepin O.V.Zatsepin@vniitf.ru
July 30, 2021 (Date changed!)
Final application and abstract submission.
We ask you to confirm your participation in the Conference by September 17, 2021.
Application form of a conference participant
We invite you to submit the application to e-mail address: email@example.com . Your application should include:
- Information about a participant (to get access into the restricted-access city): full name, citizenship, date and place of birth, address, passport data and copy, place of work, position and contact information.
- Information about participation: title of your presentation, type of presentation (presentation or poster), section.
- Attached abstract of your presentation (with the title) in English and Russian (if possible) (appropriate file format is required).
Do not hesitate to contact the Secretariat if you have general questions.
Format of an abstract
Please e-mail the title of presentation and abstract in DOC or RTF to firstname.lastname@example.org before July 30, 2021 in English and Russian (if possible) to be included in a book of abstracts.
Use Times New Roman font.
First comes the title of the proposed presentation (11 point size capital letters, no hyphens); then initial letters of the names and last names of the authors, e-mail address (10 point size) and full name of the authors’ institution(s) (11 point); and finally – text of the abstract (11 point, single line spacing).
Please, avoid including tables and figures.
Should you have any questions about abstract acceptance, feel free to address Program Committee members of the appropriate section.
- The Conference will include plenary and section sessions, poster sessions, and topical discussions.
- Russian and English are working languages of the Conference.
- Papers resulting from experimental, theoretical studies and numerical simulations are welcomed.
- Information about the Conference, including requirements to abstracts and presentations will be available at http://www.vniitf.ru/